These detoxing baked beans have zero resemblance to the classic canned variety of Heinz. The Dukkah adds so much depth of flavour. They are delicious on their own or served on crusty toast with a dollop of natural yoghurt or crème fraiche.
However, if your detox excludes wheat or dairy, they are delicious served as a healthy version of nachos with (no additives) corn chips and topped with avocado and diced tomato, or in a wheat-free wrap.
If you like this post check out: Shaved Fennel, Avocado and Grapefruit Detox Salad
1 tablespoon of Olive Oil
2 Sprigs of Rosemary
1 teaspoon of Paprika
1 splash of Worcestershire Sauce
Half a Spanish Onion
2 x 400g Tins Organic Cannellini Beans (Choose your favourite bean)
1 tablespoon of Dukkah
1 litre of Organic Passata
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees celcius.
2. Meanwhile heat the olive oil in a medium sized frying pan.
3. Add in the onion and saute on medium heat, until it is translucent and soft.
4. Once the onion is cooked through, add in the Paprika and Dukkah and stir thoroughly for a further minute.
5. Add in the Passata and Worcestershire and stir.
6. Drain the beans in a sieve to remove all of the sludge and rinse with water. Add to the frying pan.
7. Add in the sprigs of rosemary whole and mix all the ingredients together thoroughly.
8. Pour the bean mixture into a casserole dish and place into the oven.
9. Bake for around 30 minutes or until brown on top.
“Peachy Keen Foods is an organic, healthy food delivery program, composed of seasonal and superfood produce. We create 5-Day meal plans for those who simply don’t have enough time to cook for themselves. Peachy offers personalised meal plans to suit everyone’s preferences and needs and to give you back your precious time, because we all deserve to feel loved and nourished at the end of the day.”
Fancy giving these Detoxing Baked Beans a try? Or got a recipe you think would go well with this? I would love to hear it – comment below!